About the Role
As a Service Transition Manager at Passport, you own the operational readiness of key initiatives. Like a shepherd leading the flock, you guide the Operations Transition Team, Product organization, and Learning Manager with cohesive maneuvering in handing over strategic products to the Operations organization. Your keen abilities in leading complex projects, building buy-in across functions, and driving accountability allow you to effectively execute all aspects of the transition so that the operations teams run like a well oiled machine upon launch of a new product. You anticipate challenges, see the wider system impacts, and readily adapt in the face of a rapidly changing environment to instill the Ops team with necessary understanding to be successful.
- Lead the Operational Readiness Process for defined product development initiatives to transition from design, to build, to full transition to the Implementations, Support, Solutions Engineering, and Billing teams.
- Identify all of the required stakeholders (inside and outside of Passport) to effectively run a new product and guide them through the planning and execution of their respective operational transition plans.
- Manage the Operations Transition Team lifecycle from kickoff through post launch execution, ensuring all Service Acceptance Criteria are met and the initiative reaches a steady state (as defined in your planning).
- Guide the Product Management organization in Designing for Operationalization, identifying key considerations and any gaps in their Product Requirements Documentation.
- Coach the identified Operations Transition Team leads through information gathering, plan development, training preparation, and overall execution, driving accountability and ensuring everything is satisfactorily completed on time.
- Work with the assigned Project Manager to build the operations portion of the project plan, identify resourcing needs, assess/mitigate risks, and ensure the plan stays on track.
- Hold team retrospectives to summarize lessons learned and build evaluation criteria to monitor and continuously improve the Operational Readiness Process.
- Oversee a portfolio of initiatives and report status, risks, and opportunities at multiple levels of the organization including the Passport executive leadership team.
- Effectively prioritize initiatives understanding resource demand requirements to schedule operations launch dates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or a similarly relevant field.
- 5+ years working in Operations with a demonstrated ability to lead teams and change initiatives.
- Strong familiarity with Lean principles, exhibiting a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to build cross functional buy-in and drive accountability without direct authority.
- Systems mindset, able to shift between big picture thinking and detail orientation.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts at different levels to cross functional stakeholders.
- Adaptability and an aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of new product development and particularly the transition to full ownership of the operations team.
- Effective manager of time with the ability to prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to influence (direct/indirect reports, project stakeholders, and leaders) and manage in a matrix organization
- Adept in project management and estimating timing and resource needs.
- Structured, methodical, and organized in execution, assuming full ownership and accountability for outcomes.
- Driven for results to ensure certainty in delivery; ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and deliver quality on schedule
You’re the one whom everyone recognizes has it all together. You are always prepared and ready to communicate at the most strategic levels of the organization while also being able to maintain fluency within tactical execution areas. You love diving in and learning new things, always eager to take on the next challenge. Your systems oriented mindset allows you to see how the pieces fit together, anticipating challenges and always thinking several steps ahead.
The terms scoping, risk assessment, adaptability, and change management hold a special place in your heart and are areas you are completely comfortable both working within and owning at the highest levels.
You’ve executed myriad projects and coordinated numerous activities across an organization to ensure the desired outcome. Watching multiple areas of a program successfully come together is what drives you on a daily basis, and you are not afraid to be the voice of reason when necessary while simultaneously knowing how to execute when it’s demanded.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.