As the Solutions Engineer at Passport, you will be at the center of the design and initial client experience with meeting their objectives within our platform. You will lead the discussions in identifying the client’s business needs and mapping them to our solutions to provide the best possible outcome. You are attentive, detail oriented and a strong communicator who takes the reins in crafting solutions designs and setting expectations early in the Client’s lifecycle with Passport. You will work closely with our sales and client success teams defining solutions, preparing RFP responses, and presenting the capabilities of our platform within product demonstration meetings.
- Prepare and deliver technical demonstrations and statements of work of the Passport product suite.
- Identifying the client’s business needs and properly mapping them to the capabilities we offer.
- Educating the client in new and transformative ways to manage their daily requirements which they may be unaware of to date.
- Understand technical and functional design requirements at an adept level within the Passport platform.
- Provide high level design and technical solutions for the Passport delivery teams to ensure a seamless implementation transition.
- Recommend additional products and/or features to the clients which will increase their operational efficiency, reduce costs, or provide a higher quality experience.
- Contribute to internal and external meeting objectives and agendas to meet mutually defined goals.
At the core, you are the technical mind reader in the room with the ability to clearly map business needs to technical solutions all while communicating it in a simplistic manner. A fluid communicator, comfortable in front of a larger audience with the ability to captivate their attention through your knowledge and passion. When there is a bar, you surpass it, only to ask what’s next and continuing driving the overall excellence you live by everyday. You understand the overall importance of clear communication, emotional intelligence and its ability to successfully navigate a client’s expectations and outcomes. You think a few steps ahead of where you currently understand, defining a clear roadmap of where to go next for the initiative at hand.
You possess the ability to minimize distractions and maintain focus within in-depth conversations, extrapolating the details necessary to build the solution and design you’re ultimately responsible for. Clear, concise and constructive communications are a strong suit of yours and something you pride yourself on.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within a design or solutions role.
- Solution oriented and problem solving mindset
- 2+ years experience within a SaaS environment, 5 years experience preferred
- Previous experience in a sales enablement and/or solutions-oriented role
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to simplify the complex to ensure all participants are aligned and understood.
- Active listener with the ability to translate conversations into actionable details
- Effective manager of time with the ability to prioritize accordingly within a fast paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills with the emotional quotient to properly read the audience and maintain alignment during the sales presentation and/or purchasing cycle.
- Preferred experience within the parking and/or transportation industry
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.