About the Role
As a product manager at Passport, you will be responsible for directing the evolution of one (or multiple) of Passport’s product verticals. You will be at the center of all things related to the product(s), researching and launch strategically relevant features that solve important problems for our clients. You own the development and execution of strategic product roadmaps which should reflect market dynamics, incorporate feedback from both internal and external stakeholders, and help drive your business unit forward. You'll ensure customer and client feedback, market intelligence, and institutional knowledge are analyzed and infused into the product roadmaps. You will translate this roadmap into key product features and partner closely with a variety of stakeholders across engineering, sales, and service delivery to execute against that strategy. You will be instrumental in helping Passport grow revenue through your efforts on your product(s).
You will have the opportunity to wear several hats, and you should be comfortable learning new things and taking on new responsibilities. You’ll spearhead strategic initiatives. You won’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work to turn your concepts into reality. You’ll team up with sales in the field one day, dig through spreadsheets and analytics tools another day, and deep dive with developers the next.
- Managing the product lifecycle from market research to feature release and provide expertise to inform go-to-market strategy.
- Research, define, and successfully launch new features. Engage with other teams within the company to ensure that we’re selling, building, and successfully supporting new functionality.
- Becoming fluent with the needs of your market, clients, and end users to drive short- and long-term product direction. This means staying on top of market trends as well as getting out into the field yourself for first-hand knowledge gathering
- Serving as the central point of contact between multiple groups and resolving competing interests to move the product forward.
- Establishing metrics of success and quantitative goals for features launches and then tracking against these goals post launch
- Serving as product evangelist, while effectively representing the achievements of Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to the whole organization.
- Deeplying understanding product performance through quantitative analysis and ongoing data analytics., and using this analysis to inform product decisions.
- Being the source of truth and key influencer to ensure what we are building is what we are selling by providing clear documentation, strategic rationale and supporting data for product related decisions
- Influence your product’s business model by understanding which features deliver the most client value and recommending a pricing model that supports financially viability and growth.
- 3+ years experience in product management, B2B software experience preferred
- Proven track record of shipping software products that deliver business results
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to explain complex information in a simple and accurate manner
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills (facilitation, communication, etc)
- A process-oriented, problem-solving, strategic, and continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams and working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Experience in leading new product development & discovery
- Experience with Agile methodology, including software applications (JIRA and Rally) a plus by not required
- Prototyping skills with Sketch, Invision, or similar programs.
- Ability to influence without direct management authority
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
*Willingness to travel up to 10%
You are a visionary, but also a realist. You blend technical ability with business acumen. While you are not necessarily a developer, you may have tinkered and are familiar with development methodologies. You are analytical, data-driven, and you understand how to build a P&L from the ground up. You understand the connection between financial drivers and end-user metrics. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives.
You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your product strategy. You know how to work collaboratively across teams in order to produce the strongest outputs. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of product management at Passport in addition to your product line.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.