About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Passport, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will architect, design, develop, test, and debug software, and your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are building and deploying code that meets the ongoing needs of our clients. You will work closely with Product Management, Product Support, and clients to architect, design, and develop software solutions. You will work independently with little supervision, and develop high-quality software that is aligned with client/user needs and business goals. You will also anticipate future challenges and ensure the applications being built are technically sound and scalable in our rapid growth phase.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Work closely with customers
- Develop and execute project plans
- Produce clean, efficient code
- Communicate key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug other developers code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest or appropriate technologies
- Use business understanding to partner more effectively with Product, Support, and Service Delivery teams
- Provide mentoring to other engineers and share best practices across the team
You have excellent attention to detail and can troubleshoot issues with ease. You are curious, approach every challenge with a solutions-oriented mindset, and know how to deliver. You can multitask between multiple complex projects and operational requests. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solution. You are not afraid of changes along the way - you have a chameleon-like ability to adapt to your surroundings and still figure out how to deliver your assignments. You obsess over the details. Simply put, you have it all together - people enjoy working with you, your teammates respect you, and you can juggle it all.
You have a passion for finding and architecting scalable solutions - you love understanding how to make systems work, removing dependencies, and promoting strong data architecture to drive a business forward. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You thrive in a fast-paced and exciting environment where change is the norm instead of the exception.
You’re up to date on all of the latest technologies and blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to join and contribute to the overall software engineering team at Passport.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field preferred
- Five+ years of software engineering or software development experience
- Experience using relevant tool suites
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Experience with software development lifecycles
- Ability to prioritize activities and deliver tasks on time
- Ability to work with other departments, clients, and business partners
- A comprehensive understanding of development concepts
- Excellent design and programming skills
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Hands-on development experience using relevant languages
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to travel as necessary
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.