About the Role:
As a Software Engineer Team Lead at Passport, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and manage our SaaS Back Office Web Portal application for both internal and external clients. You will collaborate with our Product team while leading a Development team to build the next generation of our dashboard and reporting tool that supports multiple solutions (transit, parking, citations, and permits) that facilitate our clients’ business operations. In doing so, you will identify, design for, and solve technical challenges that arise from scaling our business at a fast pace.
- Leading, inspiring, and mentoring a team of developers to build, deliver, and continuously improve upon the dashboard and reporting tool
- Coaching and developing your team to successfully keep up with the changing business environment, provide technical and market guidance, and deliver a tool that continues to improve our clients’ operations; you will manage work for the team and perform some of the detailed technical work yourself
- Solving complex client challenges by using demonstrated proficiency in software development, tools, processes, and procedures; selecting the proper solution architecture (language, Database, networking etc…) to accomplish the desired end
- Digging in on the details of technical and data challenges, and building solutions
- Communicating and working effectively with multidimensional and cross-functional teams to create a dynamic and complementary force within Passport, its partners, and customers
- Collaborating with a variety of client profiles beyond technical staff (i.e. marketing, sales, production, quality control, security, operations, etc…) to integrate the desired solution
- Using experience to offer and implement creative and unique solutions; making connections between previously successful models to the current technical solution
- Setting and resetting priorities for self, team, and then influencing the priorities for the integrated solution so that the best outcome is achieved
- Handling tasks of high-complexity and contributing in all phases of customer sales contact, through installation and support.
You love tackling challenging problems and handling massive amounts of data. You are not intimidated by data, and instead find it incredibly interesting and energizing - you strive for simplifying data into its most user-friendly form. You have experience and a passion for leading and coaching other developers. You aspire to meet project timelines and create world-class solutions. You are collaborative, your team respects you, you have strong technical capabilities, and you can juggle tasks and priorities. You take pride in your work and inspire others to do the same. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You can balance short and long-term objectives. You are constantly learning and sharing knowledge.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to excellence in your field, you’re excited to join and regularly improve our development team at Passport.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years software development experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years in a technical supervisory position, either leading a small team or long-term individual effort.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.