Who we're looking for:
Passbase's growth has created an opportunity for an ambitious Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. If you value autonomy and the responsibility that comes with it; if you are keen on learning, experimenting, and learning from failure; if you do not accept low effort and strive to continually improve yourself and your team; if you have a voice and want to use it; if you aspire to help others with your work, then Passbase is for you. We want your expertise to expand on our success and bring Passbase to the next level.
Being a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Passbase means:
- You co-develop 'the how' with a smart team, and at Passbase we live by having clear end states of our infrastructure evolution. Autonomy and creativity is what gets you there.
- You are a master of your trade. We believe that a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer should understand how computers and software work; realize that there is no one language or solution for everything, and analyze to make decisions about what is needed to achieve a proper solution.
- You have high standards for a beautiful stack and want to keep evolving the systems towards the perfect cloud setup for devs.
- You have an ownership mindset. There will be a time when you have to wake up at 3am and be the hero we need to keep the systems alive.
- You are a force multiplier and make the lives of our engineers easier by creating easy deployment & CI processes.
- You will manage the cloud metrics and alarms to constantly scope bottlenecks in performance and set the right alarms.
- You work on sysadmin and dev tooling projects with other devs, such as automating the onboarding process, setting up LDAP or SSO internally, gathering automated info-sec evidence. Stuff that people can save time on and everyone hates.
- You pay it forward. You use your experience and values to help the people around you grow and reach their potential.
- You are a believer in our mission to build the identity layer of the internet.
- You follow the golden rule. You treat others as equal partners and you want to be treated as an equal partner.
- You are humble. We all make mistakes. It is important to accept this from ourselves and others and grow together.
Background/experience you should have:
- Strong understanding of computer science, software, hardware, data structures, and algorithms
- 5-8+ years of work experience, out of which 3+ years in DevOps and security related tasks
- Mastery of AWS and its alphabet soup of services
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code frameworks (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc. | Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience provisioning and managing CI tooling / frameworks
- You have experience dealing with information security policy such as SOC2 or ISO27001
- Proven experience with microservices, distributed systems and cloud-based architectures
- Familiarity with big data and database systems, DB loads, docker and CPU loads, security gasps and other infra-related backend code.
- Passion for high performance services, high availability, reliability, and consistency
- The skills to be autonomous: critical thinking, and design, confidence and compassion, focus on solutions, knowledge and vision sharing, cooperation and the ability to make decisions with incomplete information
- 2+ years of experience of working with distributed systems and event sourcing (Kafka or Apache Pulsar) is a plus
- KYC/IDV industry knowledge
- Previous experience with various data analytics and visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau etc.)
Our COVID Policy:
- We require all employees to be vaccinated (and provide proof of vaccination) before attending any company events/gatherings, or before coming into any office.
- Contingent upon trends in numbers COVID cases, we will also require proof of negative test.