Our story began when our founding team launched a mobile cryptocurrency exchange product in late 2017 called Coinance. After three months of operations and acquiring over 10,000 users, Coinance was pulled from the AppStore for not properly identifying its users in compliance with KYC (know your customer) regulations. During the search for a solution, the founders became convinced that there was a large opportunity to build an identity verification tool that was easy for engineering teams to integrate and empowered end-users with privacy and security. Fast-forward two years, and the team has raised $8m in venture financing with several hundred customers building with our identity system. We grew our customer base 14x last year and are now looking to expand our Growth team with an ambitious and analytical Digital Marketing Manager!
What we do:
Our goal is to empower the world with a digital identity system that puts you, the individual, first. We give developers a set of tools to integrate into their facial recognition, liveness detection, ID authenticity checks, and ID information extraction, while also baking in privacy protections that allow individual users to control their own identity data - creating a more privacy-centric future.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a content writer to join our Growth department. You will be working on long-form content as well as copywriting responsibilities. The junior writer who joins our team will plan, write, and distribute specialized industry content, with the opportunity to grow their role into adjacent marketing activities and contributing to editorial decisions.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience writing for public readers and work experience in technology companies or startups, preferably B2B SaaS products. To be successful in this role, you should be curious, professional, and detail-oriented. You will play a significant role in shaping a consistent voice for Passbase with high-quality content that is useful to target audiences and effectively represents the Passbase brand. You should be comfortable working mainly independently, while also collaborating with different working styles and proactively create scalable processes for a growing team. You also should have an interest in privacy and cybersecurity, SaaS, software development, and/or product development.
Writing is a demonstrated skill and effective communication often comes with exposure to disparate academic, professional, and cultural backgrounds. We also strongly encourage people with unconventional backgrounds to apply.
What you'll do:
- Research in-depth industry topics for identity verification and AML
- Write blogs and develop copy for website and growth channels, such as social media and email newsletters
- Collaborate with multiple departments and subject matter experts to ensure factual accuracy
Background/experience you should have:
- 1+ year of marketing experience or 1+ year of being in a startup or tech environment
- Proven experience as a writer, preferably from a B2B background
- Fluent English written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex and often nuanced concepts into simple and accurate outputs
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful content-driven campaigns
- Has knowledge of SEO, web analytics, digital advertising, email marketing, and content creation
- Creative, strategic, and outside-the-box thinking
- Hands-on experience working with writing tools and CMS
- Has hands on experience on a social platform (LinkedIn, Twitter) and ad copy (Google Ad Words, Facebook Ads)
- Bonus if there is experience in Hubspot, Unbounce, Ahrefs
- Comfortable with SaaS products, such as Notion, Slack
- Data analysis: Google Analytics, Data Studio, Spreadsheets
- English fluency, with a strong preference for someone who speaks another language
You can grow into:
- Reporting analytics and performance of content and channels
- Designing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Using marketing automation tools
- Community management
- Shaping editorial decisions and strategic projects
Benefits & Perks:
- A chance to work on one of the most exciting problems of the 21st century
- A diverse international team backed by leading VC’s
- A competitive salary & all the major benefits you’d expect (hardware of your choice, trainings, etc.)
- Regular team events
- Flexible schedule & WFH opportunities
- For US-based candidates - 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision