Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with holistic medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
You will lead Parsley Health's in-network insurance relationship management and contracting processes with major insurance payors, and oversee the payor P&L for the business, including collaborating with product, finance, marketing, and clinical operations teams to implement Parsley's payor strategy.
First, building upon your existing relationships, you will negotiate new insurance contracts and manage existing relationships, working with each payor to create a path for Parsley that is aligned with our goals. You have experience negotiating insurance contracts, and you are confident in your ability to articulate Parsley Health's unique value.
You will also drive the P&L related to insurance within our larger P&L, and oversee operational processes as they relate to both our members and our clinicians: billing operations, pricing, member support, credentialing, enrollment, coding practices, etc. You will partner with our Chief Medical Officer and Practice Director to ensure our providers can care for all members, and that their administrative burden remains neutral.
Additionally, as a leader in the organization, you will work with other department leaders to set our direction and evolve your department to adapt to those new paths. You will manage processes related to business and operational readiness, and operational excellence, partnering with Finance, Product, Marketing and Clinical teams. This may include supporting the development of new offerings for members using insurance, new pricing/packaging for insured members, or a refined member experience around billing, joining, and using the insurance product.
You have experience building teams, and are confident in your ability to build and oversee a team responsible for clinical operations related to insurance, credentialing, billing, coding at Parsley Health. You will partner with vendors and ensure that the team is prepared to scale with growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Contract Negotiations: Achieve goals surrounding reimbursement rates and revenue targets for insurance-based product lines. Build close ties with payors to support future vision of value-based contracting.
- Member and Provider Experience: Provide equivalent or better member experience for insured members in partnership with Product, Operations, and Membership Experience teams.
- P&L Performance Related to Insurance: Achieve Insurance P&L milestones, <5% error billing process, collections on time, etc.
- Support Clinical Quality and Data-backed Outcomes: Support Chief Medical Officer and in-house data teams in designing an outcomes data strategy and implementing clinical quality and outcomes data collection (eg. HEDIS).
- Parsley Leadership: Communicate context around why decisions are made and how they are connected to business OKRs. Promote important messages and demonstrate support for our goals. Work to gain understanding, agreement, and compliance from your team.
- Team: Build a team from the ground up to support new functionality and operations related to insurance and continue insurance expansion.
- 5+ years leading insurance contracting operations (provider or payor side), ideally with experience overseeing telehealth-based contracting in a high-growth environment
- Account executive experience - you know how to network your way to the right person and close deals (sales, AE experience)
- Experience with both fee-for-service and value-based insurance reimbursement mechanisms and contracting processes
- Experience managing an external billing vendor
- Strong ability to own and drive a P&L
- Experience taking a process and productionizing it to grow excellently
- A track record as a highly structured thinker and efficient, action-oriented leader that inspires their team to outcomes not output
- Ideally located in New York City or Los Angeles, but not required
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + Employer Matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible work environment
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.