Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with holistic medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
We need a senior clinical operations leader who will design, hire, operate and scale a successful and highly engaged 250+ person clinical operations organization. You will work with our Chief Medical Officer and CEO to maintain high team performance and retention, achieve increasingly ambitious growth and margin goals as we grow, and bring ever increasing measurable levels of clinical quality, outcomes data, and patient experience. Additionally, you will partner closely with our product teams to design and expand our clinical offerings, and address our most essential challenges as we grow.
Finally, you will represent the voice of the clinical organization, being a partner to our Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Design, People and wider executive team leaders to deliver against company targets. In this capacity, you will also have a role in setting our strategy, while simultaneously delivering on our mission daily to provide the world's best possible medicine to people with chronic conditions across the country at the highest level.
What you'll do:
- Design an organization that allows us to meet increasing demand as we grow: You will partner with our Chief Medical Officer and Senior Director of Provider Operations, along with our COO, CEO and CFO, to design a resilient, flexible, cost efficient and high-quality clinical and operations organization that ensures we can match demand with supply. You will also ensure that clinical and ops hires are made on time (in partnership with our TA team) and at quality to ensure no gaps in ability to serve projected demand. You are successful if the clinical operations team structure is designed such that we can scale efficiently, hitting margin goals while maintaining high-quality patient care standards and team engagement standards.
- Drive an engaged, resilient, balanced and high performing clinical operations team: You will drive a positive, highly engaged, motivated team culture with work-life blend and high team retention. This includes supporting our team of operators, clinical staff, membership experience and administrative support teammates to success in supporting our goals.
- Identify most important goals and risks to achieving outcomes: You will partner with our Chief Medical Officer and Senior Director of Provider Operations to ensure company revenue and margin goals will be achieved on a quarterly and annual basis. You will oversee progress throughout the quarter on our team's top goals and ensure they stay on track, anticipating and raising important business risks that may hinder our team's ability to meet goals. On a real-time basis, you will work with other executive and leadership partners to address risks that arise that pose a potential deleterious impact on our team's ability to reach goals.
- Ensure clinical legal compliance: You will partner with external legal counsel to ensure our business and clinical operations comply with both regulation and best practices of a scaling telehealth organization. In partnership with the Senior Director of Growth Operations, you will ensure our licensing, legal, and business structure optimally positions us for growth.
- Oversee insurance operations: You will oversee the insurance operations vertical for our organization, with responsibility for hitting P&L growth targets. This will include managing external vendor operations (billing, credentialing), relationship management and expansion with payers, and partnering with the Product organization in optimizing our EPD stack for the product line.
- Improve clinical quality and outcomes: You will support our Chief Medical Officer in managing clinical quality metrics and outcomes data. You will ensure we have the proper data architecture in place (in partnership with our Head of Data), plus developing an infrastructure to identify and fill quality gaps. Additionally, you will partner with the Chief Medical Officer and Senior Provider Ops leader in overseeing the clinical operations team's performance cycles (e.g. overseeing semi-annual reviews, clinical performance criteria) and measuring performance against internal benchmarks.
- Lead cross functionally: You will sit on the executive team and contribute to the strategic direction of the business, and address day to day challenges. You will partner with leaders in Operations, Product, Marketing, and Finance to grow the business to greater heights quarterly through OKR's planning. You will partner with our CEO and COO, along with other executives, to develop our operating vision.
- Establish positive team culture: You will partner with Leadership to deliver critical messaging to clinicians and coaches; ensuring buy-in across the team, especially in moments of change management. You will rally and incentivize teams to meet or surpass goals and partnering with operations leaders to promote a positive, collaborative culture following our service norms.
- 10+ years leading clinical operations in a high-growth startup, ideally a fast-growing, telehealth-based, health care organization
- Managed a large, distributed organization of at least 100+
- Ability to own and drive a P&L to greater revenue and margins over time
- Experience understanding what is happening at all levels of the company, and the ability to level up directs and directs of directs
- Expertise in financial and business analytics skills, for modeling of risk, ROI and feasibility of every initiative. MBA or consulting experience a big plus.
- Strong communication skills to lead a growing, evolving team in a distributed environment
- Experience getting team support and leading through change management
- Excellent EQ and people management skills
- Experience running successful OKRs process for a large department
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + Employer Matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible work environment
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.