Parsley Health is an ambitious, mission-driven team that’s reinventing primary care to help people live healthier lives.
Through our advanced whole-body approach, Parsley Health has helped thousands of people reverse and prevent health problems while achieving their health and wellness goals. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, high-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
You are an experienced (5 years minimum — have you got less?) backend engineer. You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You love integrating third-party services to create functional and novel applications. You like working with typed languages, like Go, Java or Scala to make reliable server-applications. You use Docker and CI, love writing tests and care about code quality. You're big on SQL, PubSub queues, and cloud-based services. You're always considering the many places your tools and data models might be used or accessed, beyond the current project scope.
Most importantly, you're excited for an opportunity to improve the lives and experiences of our members, and ultimately build the technology that provides a better health care.
- Help build a new backend infrastructure leveraging Google Cloud, gRPC, App Engine and more great tech.
- Develop and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization.
- Ensure code-quality and availability of our backend infrastructure.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security.
- Creating new API features to support consumer-facing products.
- Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and product.
- 5+ years work experience as a software engineer.
- Years of experience with typed languages such as Go, Java or Scala.
- Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric architecture and design patterns.
- Work with message queues such as Cloud PubSub, SQS or RabbitMQ.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs in modern web frameworks.
- Experience with Node.js and GraphQL are a major plus.
- Docker, CI tools, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Work with modern SQL databases, particularly Postgres.
- Competitive salary
- Equity stake
- Generously subsidized medical, vision and dental insurance
- WeWork membership and benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation time
- Free Parsley Health membership!