Parsley Health is an ambitious, mission-driven team that’s reinventing primary care to help people live healthier lives.
Through our advanced whole-body approach, Parsley Health has helped thousands of people reverse and prevent health problems while achieving their health and wellness goals. Our work is inspired by our patient’s journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We thrive in a dynamic, high-paced work environment, while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
You are an early career (2 years minimum — have more experience?) backend engineer. You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You love integrating third-party services to create functional and novel applications. You like working with Docker, CI, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and cloud-based services. You're always considering the many places your tools and data models might be used or accessed, beyond the current project scope. Lastly, you're not afraid to get your hands dirty in the frontend as the situation demands.
Most importantly, you're excited for an opportunity to improve the lives and experiences of our members, and ultimately build the technology that provides a better health care.
- Develop and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization.
- Maintain and add to a service-oriented architecture.
- Ensure code-quality and availability of our backend infrastructure.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security.
- Creating new API features to support consumer-facing products.
- Create routines and data models to support business analytics.
- Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and product.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years work experience as a software engineer (1 year with CS or related degree).
- Experience developing RESTful APIs in modern web frameworks.
- Experience with GraphQL is a major plus.
- Docker, CI tools, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric development experience is required.
- Work with modern databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Node.js / JS experience is preferred, but Java, Go or Python are also great.
- A strong background with scalable data systems, like Apache Kafka, Spark, Amazon Redshift is a huge plus.
- Competitive salary
- Equity stake
- Generously subsidized medical, vision and dental insurance
- WeWork membership and benefits
- Paid vacation time
- Free Parsley Health membership!