To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 30 million people.
Overview of the Role
What You’ll Do
At ParkMobile, we are looking for talented Senior Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) who will be the bridge between end users and the software developers. In this role, the SDET will work with Test Architects and Test Engineers to evaluate existing automation framework, build new test frameworks, write, and design automation scripts from scratch, and maintain automated test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved. An ideal candidate for this role is one who wants to take an active part in growing, developing, and implementing automated testing solutions to maximize testing coverage and reduce testing cycle time.
- Evaluating and learning existing automation framework and providing automation solutions for building an end to end regression suite
- Developing, executing and maintaining automation test scripts to meet software release deliverables, project testing requirements and other quality considerations
- Working to minimize manual testing by automating high-ROI tests
- Enabling teams to Shift Left by designing and implementing CICD pipelines with stage gates
- Accelerating speed to market by using Canary Deployments and Dark Launches
- Leading test delivery of major initiatives by collaborating with stake holders and Leadership team
- Being an integral part of an Agile Engineering team, working interactively with dev & test engineers and product managers for the full development life cycle
- Helping to ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is well tested, utilizing automation wherever possible
- Developing smoke, functional, regression, and integration test suites for GUI Front End, API Services and Database back-end
- Documenting, maintaining, and monitoring software problems
- Recommending strategies and methods to improve test plans and test processes
- Maintaining well organized records of test results and generating historical analysis of test results
- Mentoring Test Engineers while leading projects
- Leveraging automation best practices and coding standards to deliver high quality products
Who You Are
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of recent hands-on practical experience in developing Web and API automation
- Hands-on experience with a mix of modern Test Automation tools and frameworks, (e.g. Cypress, Rest APIs, Postman, etc)
- Strong Object-Oriented and functional Programming Skills
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Service testing experience with Soap and Rest APIs
- Good experience in testing web applications and web services developed using latest technologies: ReactJS, Angular, .NET, JAVA, ASP, C#, XML, Silverlight etc.
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methods and practices
- Deep understanding of manual and automated testing concepts
- Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical resources
- Practical experience using source code control systems
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience using Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with UI testing frameworks using Cypress with Mocha-Chai
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies including BDD and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Exposure to performance testing and knowledge of performance testing tools
- Exposure to the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.