To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 30 million people.
Overview of the Role
As a Staff Engineer you will have the opportunity to guide a squad that creates and maintains distributed, event-driven microservices using Golang and Kubernetes. This is a great opportunity for experienced engineers looking to take their career on the management path and deepening their experience with a domain driven design approach. Our team is steeped in the cloud native principles. We leverage ‘value added’ AWS services like Aurora, DynamoDB, and MSK, deploying multiple times per day. Our fully automated CI/CD pipelines run tests (no manual QA), send out release notes and notifications, rollback on errors, etc. We work closely with the Product organization on many offerings at Parkmobile. Our team owns multiple integration platforms including Availability, Tolling, Gated Parking, Platform Reporting APIs, and Notifications. We have a helpful and friendly vibe and are always learning. If you want to work with an efficient team, using cutting edge techniques and technologies, while having a happy, easy-going work environment, this is your place.
What You'll Do
- Lead architecture and design efforts for the Partner Integration Squad
- Take ownership of engineering best practices for the team and foster and environment where meeting these requirements is the standard
- Mentor newer engineers to help them grow in their own careers
- Implement distributed, event-driven microservices in Golang
- Represent the team in architecture, design, and other technical meetings with stakeholders
- Occasionally, present new services and major features to our Architecture Review Board for approval
Who You Are
- 6+ years software engineering, experience with Golang preferred
- 3+ years building microservices
- Experience working with these technologies/platforms is preferred
- A leader with a desire to grow into a manager role
- Friendly and helpful attitude with a desire to continually learn and improve
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving. If this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members' well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.