To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 16 million people.
About the Opportunity
The Data Engineer II will help manage databases and operational environments in the cloud environment. You will be working in a very collaborative environment and you will be involved in all stages of design, development, and sustenance of the data pipelines and cloud environments. We are seeking a person who can design, code and provide architecture solutions for the team, including but not limited to database design, data modeling, and data integration using cutting edge technologies. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, and helping with the implementation and operational management of scalable databases behind separate applications and microservices.
What You’ll Do
- Build solutions required for ingestion, transformation and loading of data from a variety of data sources
- Provide technical guidance for data storage, data movement, data transformation and data integration for data sources and solutions
- Design and build database and data engineering solutions
- Create physical data models of datasets and maintain data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains
- Apply your expertise to help model structured and unstructured data
- Engineer reusable capabilities and pipelines that can be shared across teams.
- Define monitoring for the data layer and enable high availability and resiliency across the data layer
- Participate in data model design and reviews
Who You Are
- Strong experience in technical and functional design and development for databases, ETL, and data warehousing
- Strong experience working on data projects and data management engineering
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS (S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena) or Azure or similar
- Experience in different database technologies including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Dynamo DB, AWS RDS
- Experience in data modeling principles including conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Experience analyzing issues from the application stack to the data store in a distributed environment
- Strong experience with at least one scripting and one programming language
- A hands on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its data problems
- A high-level thinker who still wants to do hands on work and stay at the cutting edge of technology
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- Proficient with agile development toolset
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Top Notch medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Kombucha, Cold brew and beer (brewed by one of our employees) on tap as well as free snacks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.