To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 16 million people.
What You'll Do
- Data Engineer will be responsible for designing/implementing/managing ETL processes for ParkMobile data and reporting group.
- Write, implement, and maintain appropriate ETL processes.
- Schedule ETL jobs
- Proactively recommend solutions that will best benefit the ParkMobile business.
- Work closely with DBAs, Architects, Data Modelers, Business Analysts, and Product Managers at delivering high quality, reliable solutions.
- Maintain data dictionaries.
- Assist in writing and scheduling reports for various ParkMobile groups.
- Design new and modify existing table structures, stored procedures, events, and external programs.
- Provide appropriate data solutions for different types of applications: OLTP, OLAP, large data sets, etc.
Key Result Areas:
- In the first 90-120 days, the Data Engineer will need to become very familiar with the existing ETL processes and MySQL/MSSQL schemas used by ParkMobile. The person will need to understand the existing system setup and will need to take over the day-to-day maintenance of the existing ETL processes.
- The Data Engineer is accountable for:
- Quickly documenting and soliciting information on database ETL processes (existing or new)
- Ensuring that all processes are behaving as expected, that any potential issues (such as program errors, database issues, query executions) are addressed in a timely manner
- Assisting in timely completion of ETL related tasks of projects
- Keeping stakeholders and team members up to date on database project statuses, issues, and dependencies through effective communication methods.
Who You Are:
- Four+ years of experience as Data Engineer in both OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Knowledge of multiple database platforms, such as MySQL, MSSQL.
- Knowledge of non-relational data storages (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Knowledge of cloud-based data warehouse platforms (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Excellent proficiency in SQL, T-SQL
- Excellent proficiency in at least one reporting tool (Looker, Pentaho, Business Objects)
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS, S3, data lakes
- Knowledge of scripting languages (such as Unix shell, Python, Go)
- Demonstrated background in successfully delivering large technology projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with teams in multiple locations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A flexible attitude that enables the individual to deal comfortably with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management processes and related methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software development and IT infrastructure project lifecycles (e.g., waterfall, RUP, Agile, etc.)
- Required skills: MySQL 5.*, OLTP/DW, report writing, query tuning, troubleshooting, SQL, at least 2 of the scripting languages (Shell, Python, GO, groovy), ETL tools, cloud platforms
- Desired skills: MSSQL, Looker, T-SQL, S3, DMS
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Top Notch medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Kombucha, Cold brew and beer (brewed by one of our employees) on tap as well as free snacks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
ParkMobile, LLC is the leading provider of smart parking and mobility solutions in North America, helping millions of people easily find, reserve, and pay for parking from their mobile devices. The company’s technology is used in over 3,000 locations across the country, including 7 of the top 10 cities, as well as airports, stadiums, and universities. ParkMobile has been named to the Inc. 5000, Deloitte Fast 500, Entrepreneur360, and Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Pacesetter list. At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.