We are looking for a highly experienced Android developer to be a productive member of the App development team that designs, builds, tests, delivers and supports our growing native App-based products and services, you will live, breath and dream Java and want to share your love of it with the rest of the team. Our group aim is to redefine the parking experience bringing it to new exciting levels of features and usability providing the best possible experience for our worldwide customers at the touch of a button, this is at the core of our ethos and we invite you to help us get there together.
You will be working on our existing global App range adding innovative new features as well as fixing existing software bugs and creating new Apps for our growing market sectors. Liaising with both our test and UX teams as well as working with other App developers will form part of your day to day work all occurring within an enthusiastic agile development environment.
You will be a member of and work in our feature based agile squads, these autonomous multi stack squads form the core of our groups development structure.
We offer a friendly proactive and engaging working environment and encourage creativity and enquiring minds who keep up to date on the latest changes in the Android operating system.
- Programming and technical development of Parkmobile Groups Android Apps.
- Liaising with our UX team to ensure a high quality look and feel on all Apps
- Liaising with our test team to ensure all Apps on our platform are of the highest quality
- Deployment of Android apps to the Google Play Store
Essential Technical Attributes:
- Degree level qualification, ideally this will be Software Engineering / IT related
- At least three years of in depth knowledge and experience of programming Java for Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience of developing in a Windows environment using Android Studio
- Worked in an Agile software development environment
Other (“nice to have”) Technical Attributes:
Minimum of three and a deep knowledge of at least two of the following (in order of relevance):
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Integration of web APIs
- Experience of source control software ideally GIT
- Secure coding experience;
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Enthusiastic approach and “can-do” attitude
- Resilient, copes well under heavy workloads
- Flexible approach to work; and
- Problem solving and resolution.
The ideal candidate will have:
- worked for at least one company
- worked on a Android App from inception through to delivery;
- worked closely with customers and/or end-users; and
- a broad understanding of IT and internet technologies with a deep knowledge of one area of specialisation.