Parker is building financial tools to help e-commerce business owners scale their businesses profitably. Our first product combines a virtual credit card with dynamic spending limits and software tooling to help merchants grow and optimize their profitability. We have grown multiple times in the last year and continue strong on our growth journey.
We seek a Commercial credit Manager/Senior Manager to support our growth. As an early member of Parker’s Risk team, you will help uphold and maintain high standards of underwriting for both new accounts as well as existing portfolio companies. The company is based in the USA, and we're looking for an individual who can excel as both an underwriter and a leader, adept at recruiting and mentoring the rest of the team. Initially, this role will be remote, and as the team takes shape, it will transition to four days in the office and one day remote.
Shift Hours - 4:00 pm to 1:00 am
- Underwriting new and existing portfolio companies.
- Communicate and maintain an active dialogue with the Relationship Manager and Client.
- Assist in the management of the underwriting funnel and prioritize credit requests.
- Review financial statements, bank statements, and all other relevant financial and non-financial data to develop a focused, analytical foundation for a credit decision.
- Ensure compliance with Credit Policy
- Assist the credit team in changing portfolio asset quality.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills to be able to handle complex situations
- Proficient in sql and Python/R
- Managerial responsibilities
- Hiring and training new team members of the Underwriting team.
- Establish SOP’s for the underwriting team.
- Shadowing UW's done by the team and personally handling key strategic UW’s.
- Identify and communicate key trends/concerns on new acquisition and existing portfolio .
- Monitors the financial performance of portfolio companies to include ongoing covenant compliance and annual reviews.
- Work with product and engineering creating tools required to increase efficiency of UW team.
What You Need
- Masters/MBA degree from a top tier college
- At least 10+ years of relevant commercial underwriting experience with 5+ years for managerial experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of financial accounting
- Experience in financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management
- Demonstrated high level of credit acumen, interpersonal skills and decision effectiveness.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, involving other lenders, clients and prospects.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate vertically, horizontally, and externally