About the role
Parker's mission is to increase the number of financially independent people. We believe we can achieve this goal by building tools that enable independent business owners to scale their businesses profitably. Our first product combines a virtual credit card system with dynamic spending limits and software tooling to help merchants grow and optimize their profitability.
We are growing very fast -- in less than five months, we grew to millions in card volume. We have a significant waitlist of customers waiting to use our product. We are looking to expand our headcount quickly to support the demand. Our investors include Solomon Hykes (founder of Docker), Paul Buchheit (founder of Gmail), Paul Graham (founder of Y Combinator), Robert Leshner (founder of compound.finance), and many more. We have raised over $30M from top-tier fintech investors.
- Minimum of four years of experience with modern web technologies such as: Git, Node.js, GraphQL, React, Web API’s, Docker, Databases, Kubernetes, Microservices, etc.
- Interest in building products meant to be used by real users. Meaning the ability to work closely with customers and intuitively make real product decisions
- Proven abilities in developing your own scalable, products/applications from scratch
- Strong ability to communicate in English
Who you are
- A passionate, determined, and curious thinker who thinks about problems from an engineering perspective
- Someone who is interested in growing in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow and master your craft
- Strong communicator who can articulate your ideas clearly and participate in making difficult decisions
- A self-starter who can approach general problems and find a direction to take them
- A hacker with general interest in learning about new technologies and coming up with solutions to unsolved problems
Nice to haves
- Experience working within payments or at a fintech company/on a fintech project
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the e-commerce industry
- Interest/contributions to open source software