THE HIRING COMPANY:
Park Restaurant and Bar is a new restaurant on the south side of Columbia at Discovery Parkway. Park Restaurant & Bar is the place for folks who love local flavors and ingredients. Our small plate menu will entice you to enjoy old favorites and explore new seasonal items alongside friends and family. Our unique bar setting includes a bourbon display, 30 craft beers on tap, community table with fireplace and TVs to catch the Tigers’ latest win.
THE DISHWASHER POSITION:
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and help maintain cleanliness around our restaurant!
LINE DISHWASHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
- Work experience as a Dishwasher or server
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- High school diploma, preferred
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).