THE HIRING COMPANY:
Park Restaurant and Bar is a new restaurant on the south side of Columbia at Discovery Parkway. Park Restaurant & Bar is the place for folks who love local flavors and ingredients. Our small plate menu will entice you to enjoy old favorites and explore new seasonal items alongside friends and family. Our unique bar setting includes a bourbon display, 30 craft beers on tap, community table with fireplace and TVs to catch the Tigers’ latest win.
THE LINE COOK POSITION:
Our line cooks are the heart of our restaurant! You will ensure that our guests keep coming back by preparing menu items as ordered and to our restaurants quality standards!
LINE COOK RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and prep menu items for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items according to recipe specifications, ensuring consistent quality and standard portion sizes.
- Ensure that food is prepared as ordered, comes out in a timely fashion and meets the restaurants quality standards.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food per Park's waste procedures
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
LINE COOK QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 months’ experience within kitchen preparation or cooking at a casual dining restaurant.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Have a positive attitude
- Able to have fun and work as a team
- Quality oriented, only serving the absolute best food
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).