THE HIRING COMPANY:
Park Restaurant and Bar is a brand new restaurant on the south side of Columbia at Discovery Parkway. Park Restaurant & Bar is the place for folks who love local flavors and ingredients. Our small plate menu will entice you to enjoy old favorites and explore new seasonal items alongside friends and family. Our unique bar setting includes a bourbon display, 30 craft beers on tap, community table with fireplace and TVs to catch the Tigers’ latest win.
THE BARTENDER POSITION:
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Previous experience working as a bartender at an upscale, casual dining restaurant or bar.
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week