THE HIRING COMPANY:
Park Restaurant and Bar is a new restaurant on the south side of Columbia at Discovery Parkway. Park Restaurant & Bar is the place for folks who love local flavors and ingredients. Our small plate menu will entice you to enjoy old favorites and explore new seasonal items alongside friends and family. Our unique bar setting includes a bourbon display, 30 craft beers on tap, community table with fireplace and TVs to catch the Tigers’ latest win.
THE PREP COOK POSITION:
Our Prep Cook position is an entry level kitchen position, assisting kitchen staff with general food preparation and food safety. You will perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
PREP COOK RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
PREP COOK QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 months experience as prep cook
- Adequate knife skills; able to chop, slice and dice prep various items fast and accurately
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset