Operations Events Manager
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the team
The Operations department at Parity supports the critical business mission of making “Polkadot the most active and innovative community building the future decentralised web” and acts as a service partner to all Parity teams, delivering crucial support to the business, so that the mission can be achieved.
You will be joining the Travel & Events team, one of four teams within Ops, currently consisting of three members and delivering high-quality internal event experiences that reflect Parity’s values and facilitate impactful in-person collaboration.
About the position
- You will organise multi-day team retreats, for teams from 5 to over 100, including: aligning on requirements with team leads, booking global venues and accommodation, coordinating catering and travel, and providing hands-on on-site event management as required.
- You will work on improvements and optimisation of team retreat booking process, including working closely with the Business Automation team on internal events booking tool
- You will research events and create proposals for potential locations and content to consider
- You will create new and maintain existing relationships with external event and travel agencies
- You will create, execute, and report on strategies to improve events and coordinate events merchandising
- You will assist with planning and delivery of other internal events as required, from local social events to company-wide retreats
- You will report to the Operations Lead, and collaborate to identify internal events objectives, goals, and key performance indicators.
- Some travel, mostly within Europe, will be required for this role (on average, two to four days per month, though note this is variable).
- You have 3+ years of experience in event and/or MICE travel planning and execution, certifications are preferred (CMM, CSEP, CEPS, CMP …)
- You are a proactive, can-do person that is motivated to solve challenges and can offer high level of professional support
- You have excellent project management skills with experience in tools like Asana, Notion, Hubspot or similar, with proven ability to manage concurrent projects. Formal qualifications are a plus
- You are highly organised individual, used to remote and async work, with a keen eye for detail
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, including working with contacts and stakeholders ranging from executives to small local suppliers
- You have experience in a fast-paced and growing tech startup environment, with interest in Web3 space and its values
- You have excellent communication skills with either native English or C1 equivalence
- You are based in Europe or the UK, or willing to relocate to Europe. Note that while Parity is a remote-first company, much of the travel required for this role is local/regional within Europe.
About working for us
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.