The Ecosystem Development team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. The overall objective is to improve the two platforms, increase the engineering capabilities and accelerate their adoption.
As the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem grows, so does the responsibility of the Ecosystem Development team. We are looking for a business operations manager to support our Ecosystem Development team as they continue to scale.
This role presents an opportunity for an individual to have end-to-end ownership over high-impact projects which serve to improve the daily operations of the Ecosystem Development team & the Polkadot builder ecosystem. The right candidate for the role will delight in the details of day to day business operations while seeking to improve business efficiency by identifying and implementing key process improvements. This candidate is also able to manage various stakeholders throughout the process of complex process design and implementation, and believes in the vision of building a freer and fairer internet. This role combines the ability to ideate around building highly strategic processes and initiatives with a long term vision of success, as well as tactical involvement in existing department & ecosystem operations. If you are passionate about business systems, automation, operational excellence & blockchain technologies this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Work with the Director of Operations to improve processes and productivity within the Ecosystem Development Team.
- Analyse existing processes and operations to identify the root causes of pain points and identify improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to understand pain points, priorities and needs.
- Measure and maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of business systems and procedures.
- Maintain quality control and consistency of process documentation. Create process documentation where none exists.
- Create champions for initiatives by building networks of cross-functional peers and leaders.
- Support the Director of Operations and team leads with the development of yearly and quarterly budgets.
- Support with the preparation of content for monthly executive presentations and reporting.
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise.
- Coordinate with HR to support employee wellbeing initiatives across the department. Support with onboarding and training of new hires.
Qualification and Skills
- Have 5-7 years of experience, with a minimum of 2 years in business operations. Familiarity with problem solving and managing processes for distributed technical teams.
- Experience with financial analysis, invoicing and budgeting. Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan to achieve goals and to be dependable in consistently delivering reliable results within deadlines.
- Evidence of building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- An ability to work autonomously within a remote-first, decentralised environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including narrative, visual, and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in the English language.
Additionally, it would be an added bonus if you had:
- Experience in sales operations with proficiency in creating reports, optimising processes, training new hires, and managing performance dashboards.
- Past experience working in fully remote & distributed environments.
- Familiarity with Asana, Notion & Hubspot.
- Familiarity with Polkadot and it’s builder ecosystem.
- Previous professional experience in blockchain/Web3.
About working for us:
- For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.