Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the team:
The Compensation & Benefits Manager will be a key part of our People Ops Team, reporting directly into the Director of People Ops. The team is composed of 8 stellar People Ops professionals, working across three entities and supporting our talent across the globe. The C&B manager will play a pivotal role in shaping People Policy through the lens of designing and building our total rewards model.
About the position:
- You’ll evaluate our existing programmes, policies and procedures, with a view to making immediate improvements, before commencing work on designing a new paradigm for C&B.
- You’ll create a comprehensive and Parity-aligned compensation philosophy, which can be understood by all stakeholders.
- We’ll need you to build a Web3 perspective into the overall C&B strategy, so that rewards and benefits are reflective of our business model and the talent we attract.
- With our market rapidly changing, you’ll keep Parity’s compensation strategy up to date and reflective of changes so we can retain a competitive advantage.
- You’ll produce regular insight reports to Leadership, so that C&B is ever in focus and subject to evaluative feedback.
- Working with our Data Analyst, you’ll produce a dashboard which reflects key compensation metrics.
- You’ll ensure that all C&B frameworks are compliant with local legislation, no matter the country in which team members are based.
- You hold a university degree, ideally (but not essential) in a business or HR-related discipline.
- You have at least 5 years worth of experience in a HR position, with a minimum of 2 years as a C&B specialist.
- You have experience of a complete build of an international C&B model, including bonus programmes and novel incentive structures (RSU, options, VSOP etc). Familiarity with token-based incentive structures, especially desirable.
- You possess relevant certifications, such as a CEBS, SHRM or comparable.
- You have extensive international knowledge of benefits and compensation programs, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation in multiple jurisdictions is required. UK and/or Germany will be required as a foundation base, enhanced with experience of other countries.
- Your English is C1 level as a minimum, with excellent written skills,
- You are proficient in Google Suite.
- You have experience of working with Project Management Tools, such as Asana or Trello.
- Experience of working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Experience of working with PowerBi or other business analytical tools, is desirable.
- You’re excellent, but humble. A colleague who can inspire and influence through achievement.
- You possess excellent communication skills, irrespective of the stakeholder or setting.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment and therefore resilient..
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal