As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralized technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralized and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
As Manager Digital Events, you will join the Strategic Events Team (part of the wider Marcomms department), and report to the team lead to support Parity’s mission by developing and managing our digital events presence. We are a small knit team who work in a face paced environment. We are looking forward to you bringing your experience and creativity to the team to propel us on our mission of bringing Polkadot and Web3 to the masses through our events.
About the position:
Events are an important part of Polkadot’s marketing strategy to support demand generation, retention, and brand recognition. This position will be responsible for leading the development of our event operating platform and the roll-out of our digital event series. In this position you will:
- Be the expert in our digital event tools
- Administer our event operating platform: identify the strategy and the potential of the event operating platform. Manage, operate and onboard for all Polkadot events. (Flagship events, 3rd party sponsor events, community-run events)
- Spearheading event registration: producing event registration forecasts, ticket types, updates, charts, analyses, management information, and other relevant reports.
- Attendees support: provide support for any incoming inquiries from event support.
- Leading Polkadot’s Digital event development
- Coordinating with relevant marcomms function teams on setting out Polkadot’s Digital Event agenda.
- Coordinating with relevant marcomms function teams on identifying strategy, topic, and goals to ensure Polkadot’s messaging and positioning are well woven into the fabric of our Digital event experiences.
- Working with relevant marcomms function teams on procuring presenters.
- Be the owner of Polkadot Digital Event scheduling to ensure all events are well executed: managing registration, attendance logistics, and event branding etc.
- Be the owner of post-event recording management and keep track of event analytics and reporting.
- Be our go-to person about the latest trend and developments in the industry for digital events.
- 5+ years of event marketing experience OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of digital event platform experience.
- Understanding of general marketing campaign principles and technologies
- Highly organized, with strong planning and project management skills, being able to build timelines and back into dates and identify dependencies to keep the plan in motion
- Great communicator with interpersonal skills who can easily network and work with many internal and external stakeholders in addition
- Dexterity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and collaborating across teams are crucial to success
- Proven success in working independently and having excellent time management skills
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energizing and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.