Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
We have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework at Parity Technologies. We want to bring to these networks first-class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next-generation blockchains.
As a Technical Support Engineer you are the go-to for any and all issues related to the hardware that enables our employees to be productive while they are in the office or on the go. You are responsible for fixing the myriad of problems brought to to you with an unparalleled instinct for diagnosing the issue and a passion for helping others.
Not content to just consider an issue resolved by a quick fix, you want to understand our users regular workflows in order to identify the best solution for any problem that pops up, and you are excited to learn new skills that broaden the scope of problems you can help fix. While you have the knowledge and expertise to work with machines, you enjoy interacting with people and helping someone new.
- Support for all internal technical operations.
- Solve enterprise scale problems by creatively engineering automated solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain Linux and Mac workstations.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for networking and connectivity issues.
What We Value
- Have enough knowledge of Linux and Mac operating systems to be comfortable and sure when helping your colleagues.
- Manage the command line interface with ease - both in Linux and MAC environments
- Passion and good knowledge of common Open Source Software products
- Have great knowledge and interest in the fast-changing consumer and professional IT device market.
About the position
This is a highly varied ‘all things support’ type position, the successful individual will be supporting all levels of employee technical support issues. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote locations around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour. The End User Technical Support is part of the Security Team at Parity Technologies, so you will be working hands-on with end user security issues and exposed to security topics within an organisation which is building the infrastructure to build web3.