As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
Within Parity’s Marketing Communications department the Product Marketing team is growing rapidly. We bring the value of the developer experience, DOT token, protocol and governance, and the ever-expanding ecosystem of parachain teams and dApps to the market. This includes owning messaging and positioning, delivering high-value marketing launches, and ensuring our Ecosystem Development teams are fully enabled to drive Polkadot awareness, demand, and adoption of our products and technologies.
About the position:
- Own and deliver the overarching messaging and content for the DOT token as a product, in alignment with the strategic objectives of Polkadot
- Collaborate with our Ecosystem Development, IR, Legal and Compliance teams to support briefings, events, social promos, blogs, and to promote and inform the market about the value of DOT token
- Clearly articulate the differences of the function of the DOT token for securing the network in the complex and noisy environment of cryptocurrency
- Deliver content to promote the DOT token through a multitude of channels and audiences including crypto-natives, traditional institutional investors, and individual investors
- Experience and a successful track record of executing on messaging, enablement, and awareness for technology and ecosystems solutions
- You are a blockchain and crypto enthusiast with a passion for storytelling
- Understanding of the nuances of tokens and cryptocurrencies, token economics, ICOs, token morphing, staking, and how and why tokens are leveraged in blockchain ecosystems
- Ability to roll up your sleeves working with various constituents to develop long-form, source content such as presentations, video scripts, and social media content
- A high degree of accountability, coordination of programs and projects, and development of marketing solutions and tools collaborating with multiple departments
- Data driven to measure, analyse and iterate and develop new content based on key metrics and goals to ensure optimal performance
- You will be reporting to the VP of Product Marketing
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Parity is a remote first company. You may work +/-5 hours from Central European time zone, US based candidates must be located in the Eastern Time Zone
- You may also co-work in our hubs in Berlin, London, or Lisbon.
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.