Junior Legal Counsel
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the team:
The legal team advises and supports Parity across all of the business. We are a fun hardworking team of 4 lawyers, 1 Trainee lawyer and 1 paralegal headed up by the General Counsel (Chrissy Hill). The work of the team is varied and challenging supporting a fast moving business which is growing rapidly.
About the position:
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel the Junior Legal Counsel provides proactive legal support to the legal team and is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing and advising on NDA’s and general commercial agreements
- Drafting PoA’s
- Provide legal support to back office functions including Operations, Marketing, Finance and People Operations
- Support both the Senior and Legal Counsel with commercial legal projects
- Liaise with external counsel as required
- You are a 2-5 years pqe lawyer with a minimum of either 1 years experience as an in-house lawyer or 1 years commercial experience outside a law firm
- Germany based ideally
- You are commercially aware and have an interest in working in a tech environment
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
- You enjoy working proactively across a range of matters and projects in a fast paced and unstructured environment
- You have good communication skills and have experience of developing effective working relationships and solving legal problems proactively
- You are able to learn quickly and are keen to develop your legal knowledge and experience
- You enjoy working in a small team and have a good sense of humour
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.