As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the team:
The web team at Parity is responsible for all the official public facing websites that showcase the Polkadot brand and sub-brands. We work hard to ensure that we follow best practices and uphold high standards when it comes to web accessibility, speed, and quality content. If you think you can help us produce award winning web work then we would love to hear from you.
About the position:
As a Senior Web Designer you will have the opportunity to:
- Be creative and make content and webpages visually exciting.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team to provide support to web production.
- Communicate design decisions with team members and stakeholders.
- Act as a guardian of excellent user experience and uphold brand values.
- Operate in a small and friendly team of web developers, designers, and content creators.
- Create integrated experiences where brand, interaction, and tech complement one another.
- Prototype designs in order to validate them with internal stakeholders before they go into development.
- Build consistent multi-page user flows and designs from pre-existing UI components.
- Understand and critique briefs constructively so that coherent information architecture is maintained and advanced.
You will have:
- From 3 to 5 years experience in a web (UX) design role.
- Proven track record of website design projects.
- Ability to rapidly generate and iterate ideas.
- Ability to drive the project to completion with attention to detail and execution.
- Experience in driving simultaneous projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
- Understanding of design systems and production specifications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Power-user with Figma design tool.
- Ability to lead other designers.
Additionally, it is an added bonus if you have:
- Tech industry experience and software products.
- Familiarity in the blockchain space.
- SVG animation working knowledge
- CSS working knowledge.
- Data visualisation skills.
- Illustration Skills
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.