Your future company: Parity
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that grant these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
Open-source and decentralised technologies like blockchain can build systems that prioritise individual sovereignty over centralised control, without the need to trust any third parties.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. Our technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains, and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
Your future team: Org Strategy
Org Strategy is a small team that works closely with many departments, such as Engineering, People, Recruiting, and Ops. Our vision is to attract and retain the smartest people in the world to build the future of the decentralised web. One of our goals is to offer new joiners the best possible onboarding experience — from making sure that people are fully prepared for their first day to supporting them throughout their journey at Parity.
How you’ll make an impact
- As the face of the onboarding experience, you’ll build relationships with all new hires and make sure every new joiner is set up for success during their first months at Parity. You’ll be working closely with the People team who are your co-pilots in the onboarding journey.
- You’re the go-to person for questions and regularly organise in-person and virtual initiatives that help new hires get familiar with the Parity culture and have a great experience.
- You’re in charge of creating/updating all content provided to new joiners during their onboarding experience.
- You’ll regularly conduct new hire interviews to gather insights that can be used to optimise processes and help hiring managers lead better. As we’re growing quickly, interviews will be a big part of your work.
- Working closely with all stakeholders, you’ll facilitate meetings, keep everyone informed and aligned, and measure progress and success.
What we’d like to see in you
- 5+ years of experience in a (HR/People/Community) role where onboarding was your main task. Bonus if this was a remote, global workplace.
- Highly organised: You easily keep track of all new hires, their current phase in the onboarding journey, and what they need.
- Doer mentality: You’re proactive, execute on tasks on time and work transparently and autonomously.
- Curious with a learner/builder mindset.
- Social people-person who genuinely cares about people’s wellbeing and forming personal relationships.
- Ability to liaise between stakeholders with different viewpoints and KPIs, and get everyone on the same page.
- Strong communicative, writing, and interviewing skills.
- Knows how to turn interview data into clear, actionable insights for key stakeholders.
- Organisational talent that can implement systems to keep track of all initiatives happening across departments.
- Creative mind that enjoys developing new ideas for improvements and team bonding.
- Enthusiasm for Parity’s mission and interest in actively learning about Polkadot, Substrate, and Kusama.
- Collaborative attitude. You show up fully, while supporting and uplifting colleagues.
- Experience with working remotely in teams.
- Genuine interest in joining our collective, forming relationships, and evolving within the Polkadot ecosystem in the long haul.
What you can expect in return
- A global work environment that’s collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating — perfect for doers who want to envision ideas and execute on them rapidly.
- A culture where efforts and initiatives are noticed and rewarded, and your career goals are taken seriously. We’re focused on talent, not titles.
- Fast learning curve: You’ll gain new skills and learn new knowledge constantly.
- Opportunity to learn about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space.
- Plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- A long-term career path with lots of opportunities to grow within Parity or the wider ecosystem.
- Teammates that are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission.
- Competitive remuneration package including tokens.
- Work from home or co-work in our hubs in Berlin, London, or Lisbon.
- Frequent company and team retreats to connect with colleagues in real life.
- Generous yearly development budget and work tech for employees. Contractors get the same perks, but compensated as additional salary to spend on your own.