Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications.
Are you seeking a career where you can leverage your experience, knowledge, and skills to their fullest potential? Somewhere to continue to learn and develop yourself from other super smart and dedicated people. Able to make your impact, shape, and own outcomes within a technology space years ahead of the mainstream; if yes, please continue to read.
We're hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager to join Parity’s Polkadot development team. The Project Manager will be embedded in the development team and support the core engineers. This position will require a strategic, technically-minded approach to facilitate communication internally and externally within the ecosystem and support the development leadership with the process and people management.
Due to Parity’s unique open-source culture, the ideal candidate will be more of a negotiator and mediator than a top-down strategist while being prone to feedback loop and willing to improve on it with critical thinking.
- Help document and drive the roadmap, defining actions, risks and outcomes, prioritising tasks and managing the team’s resources, and identifying resource constraints and any other issues that arise.
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times.
- Help design quality and automation procedures, and deliver project dashboard(s) for company-wide or ecosystem-wide visibility and transparency.
- Work closely with internal and external teams on integrations, mutual efforts and tasks. Hereby also being the bridge between the technical and business development team.
- Help align teams on a shared vision and document the execution of that vision.
- Education in STEM, 2-5 years technical program/product management experience in the fast-paced, high fluid environments.
- Understanding how blockchain technologies work and their intricacies..
- Passion about the vision for Web3.
- Knowledge base of different actors in Web3.
- Understanding of various players in the broader ecosystem, their missions and visions.
- Excellent understanding of GitHub workflows, PRs, issue tracking and milestones.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to the teams internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills, along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet needs.
- Critical thinking towards feedback, and willingness to act upon it.
- Ability to Influence without direct responsibility
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).