Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an older article on our blog about our development practices that you may want to read.
You will be joining the Common Good Parachains team, which builds parachains that provide core functionality to the Polkadot and Kusama networks. Our users range from other parachain developers using XCM, application developers, and end-users.
This role is open to develop end-to-end tooling and experiences that will make parachains more accessible and easier to use. It will include working in Substrate FRAME, as well as front-end libraries and applications. Our stack consists of Typescript, React, React-Redux, Rust, Docker, Cypress, Netlify, AWS, and GCP.
- Actively participate in suggesting and driving new features and projects by identifying and interviewing stakeholders, outlining project requirements, and coordinating with other teams on delivering code.
- Able to design and implement APIs from the ground up.
- Ensure our XCM tooling is up to date with the latest changes in Substrate and Polkadot.
- Deliver without any supervisory role giving you precise step-by-step instructions.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices and apply creativity and engineering rigour to your work.
- Solid foundation in computer science and programming principles.
- Well versed with Typescript on the frontend and backend.
- Complex state management with React.
- Good knowledge of the blockchain space is a plus, but not a must.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you.
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.