Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
At Parity Technologies, we have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. We want to bring to these networks first-class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next-generation blockchains. For example, improving how users participate in network staking, how members of our governance systems present and vote on proposals, enabling simple integration of Substrate systems into web pages, improving how new users onboard into our ecosystem, and more…
As the company rapidly grows we are seeking a dedicated and well-organized, energetic, and enthusiastic professional who is happy helping their colleagues, at the London office and remote, in a wide range of Information Technology related tasks as part of our IT team.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Be the go to person for first level team membersIT support for hardware, software and access requests across the company
- You are responsible for managing our working devices ecosystem (incl. purchasing, maintenance, ordering, handling of RMAs and inventory)
- You perform IT back office related actions
- You are responsible for maintaining the local network of the Parity working Hub you are located.
- You will onboard our new employees with their laptops processes, and workstations (in the office and remote) as well as offboard them
- You provide technical assistance for our workshops or other live events
- You support IT Team and Ops team in other related tasks
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Admin experience or worked in a similar role
- Great written and verbal communication skills with English language skills on near-native level
- Excellent time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets)
- Great understanding of Linux systems and Mac OS
- Good knowledge of networking principles (TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, VPNs)
- Experience with project management tools like Asana
- Experience with Github
- Experience with Unifi network equipment.
- Interest in or even experience with blockchain or open-source software (OSS)
- Security mindset in IT Operations
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will understand blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/