Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write open-source code.
At Parity Technologies, we have built and launched live networks like Kusama and Polkadot atop the Substrate blockchain framework. We want to bring to these networks first-class end-to-end user experiences which tell a story of how easy it is to use these next-generation blockchains. For example, improving how users participate in network staking, how members of our governance systems present and vote on proposals, enabling simple integration of Substrate systems into web pages, improving how new users onboard into our ecosystem, and more…
As the company rapidly grows, we seek a dedicated Android (Kotlin) Developer to join the Signer Team. The person will be responsible for our air-gapped wallet called Parity Signer- an iOS and Android app with a universal Rust backend, which is essentially a Ledger in the Substrate ecosystem.
With Parity Signer, people can easily keep their private keys secure and sign transactions. They can turn their old smartphone into a hardware wallet for Polkadot, Kusama, and other Substrate-based chains. All data is transmitted over the air via QR codes.
Signer has a universal backend written in Rust for all cryptography-related operations. It utilizes hardware encryption (secure enclave) on devices where possible. The app interface is implemented on Kotlin and communicates with the backend using Mozilla's UniFFI.
It's also open source: https://github.com/paritytech/parity-signer
You will be responsible for the Android version of Signer. We're looking for a person who can fully take over the development, testing, and publishing process.
You will be the first dedicated Android developer for the Signer team, so we expect a reasonably senior person who can bring best practices to the company and teach us how to do things right. We're also looking for someone with a passion for good UX and UI who can work with our design team to make Signer beautiful and useful by all best practices.
- Experience as an Android Developer, upper-middle or senior, who can bring best practices
- Proficient in Kotlin, Jetpack, and Compose.
- Extensive experience with Android frameworks
- Experience with universal backends written in lower-level languages (C, C++, Rust)
- Experience with continuous integration
- Passion for good UX and UI, knowledge of Material Design system
- Experience with writing UI tests
- Knowledge of Rust or a desire to learn it
- Understanding the basics of security and encryption algorithms
- Passionate about blockchain technologies and bringing a decentralized web to the world
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will understand blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend your chosen conferences or skills courses. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/.