Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem, which includes Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate is an open-source, modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
About the role
The Talent Sourcer will play a critical role in the day-to-day candidate sourcing activities and within the Talent Acquisition team. This role will coordinate all the sourcing activities but also closely work together with recruiters, hiring managers, other members of the Talent Acquisition department, and HR.
Activities include managing the various sourcing channels and the company’s talent pool and regularly interacting with both active and passive candidates. You should be a friendly, proactive, and self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Co-develops and implements an effective sourcing strategy
- Works together with the recruiter and hiring manager to define candidate personas
- Sources suitable candidates through various sourcing channels
- Drafts and sends out recruiting emails to potential candidates
- Has knowledge of how to use the various sourcing channels
- Knows how to use sourcing tools and technology
- Is able to reach out to different types of candidates and to engage with them
- Promotes our Employer Brand when they reach out to candidates on various platforms
- Is able to build and maintain a talent pool that can meet the company’s future hiring needs
- Keeps track of pre-defined sourcing metrics and reports on them
- Follows up on employee referrals
- 1+ years experience as a Talent Sourcer
- Demonstrate affinity with candidate sourcing and recruitment techniques
- Familiarity with sourcing tools, HR systems (including an ATS) and candidate management systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sales skills
- Ability to effectively present both roles and our company to candidates
- Ability to quickly make decisions