Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. Parity Technologies has a small but growing team of developers dedicated to building on Substrate and creating a fantastic developer experience for future users.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager in the Solution Delivery team at Parity, you will be leading a team of solution and application engineers building blockchain solutions for our customers. You will inspire the best developer groups around the world and help them grow as a high-performance team. You will shape the feedback and readiness processes for your team, to help them with continuous improvement and learning opportunities. You will also drive the quality and efficiency of software delivery for your team.
- Lead and manage a solution/application engineering team consisting of up to 8 team members.
- Manage and build a constructive feedback loop in your team and stakeholders.
- Build and manage the onboarding and ramp-up process for your team.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in your own team and cross teams.
- Continuously develop relationships between solutions, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
- Play a key role in helping the Substrate ecosystem build great products.
- Minimum 8+ years of industry experience and at least 2 years of programming experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Experience leading cross functional software engineering teams in a fast paced, delivery focused environment.
- Familiarity with blockchain and decentralized applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Background in cryptography, networking, or distributed systems
- Open-source software background.
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.