Senior Public Relations Manager
Remote — Central European Time (CET), Relocation possible
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our online lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society.
As Senior Public Relations Manager you will:
- Devise, implement, and manage public relations initiatives and communication campaigns.
- Build and nurture relationships with key external stakeholders, such as media outlets, industry groups, ecosystem partners, and so forth.
- Oversee and manage public relations, influencer, and communication-related agencies; ensuring work delivery towards specified goals.
- Work with various teams to organize promotional events such as press tours and speaker representation at major conferences.
- Collaborate and coordinate with marketing and design on communications collateral, ensuring strategic alignment and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor public narrative and sentiment around Polkadot, Kusama, Substrate, and other key products and brands; ultimately providing relevant and timely updates to internal teams.
- Collaborate with regional teams on public relations and communications.
- Prepare media kits, press releases, pitch stories, and manage media relations.
- Manage inbound and outbound press-related opportunities.
- Manage budget and reporting for public relations initiatives.
- 5-8 years working experience in public relations position.
- Excellent skills in building relationships with external stakeholders.
- A proven track record of implementing successful PR campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing multiple external partners and vendors.
- High attention to detail and organisation skills.
Further Relevant Experience:
- Experience in the blockchain and open source software industry.
- Experience working with multiple brands at the same time
- Experience and relationships with technology and business media.