Community Manager APAC
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and agency of individuals—and to empower developers to create better products and services through decentralized web technologies. We are a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Community Manager to maintain and grow our ambassador APAC community. As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for developing, growing, and scaling our community strategy in order to increase and engage our ambassadors, educate the community, and build brand recognition, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into advocates and advocates into ambassadors.
- Support the growth and success of the Polkadot Ambassador Program; such as engaging with the community, onboarding & offboarding, increasing advocacy, CRM management, etc.
- Organising campaigns for community growth, engagement and retention
- Support and execute on broader marketing campaigns and advocacy initiatives
- Work in cross-functional teams; collaborating with social media managers, content creators, technical educators, developer advocates and more.
- Support growth and management of our community platforms (such as Discord and Reddit); nurturing community culture, moderating chat, increasing activation and engagement.
- Assisting the Polkadot community with meetups and other community-organised events
- Be our community’s voice by reporting community developments, data-driven insights, and community feedback; measure success of community initiatives against business goals.
- Keep up to date and educated on the latest technology developments and produce accessible education material for the community.
- 3+ years as a community manager or similar role
- English language fluency or mother tongue
- Knowledge and experience in community building
- Ability to introduce and moderate best practices or frameworks for community development and growth
- Excellent knowledge of community chat platforms, integrations and related tools (Discord, Reddit, forums,...)
- Curiosity to immerse yourself in the blockchain world, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and to experiment with new community strategies
- Experience leading community initiatives such as AMAs, ambassador programs, advocacy programs, etc.
- Previously worked in Blockchain
- Used blockchain technology before (i.e. buying Bitcoin, breeding crypto kitties, placing a bet on Augur) and interested in learning more about cutting-edge blockchain technology
- Familiarity with software engineering and open source software culture
- Having experience with communicating and collaborating with distributed teams
- Fluent in Russian, Chinese (Mandarin), or a second or third language