Director of Public Relations
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
As Director of Public Relations, you will:
- Plan, develop, and direct the implementation of public relations and communication strategies to position and promote Polkadot and other key brands; particularly focusing on blockchain, crypto, tech, and business-related channels such as media, major conferences, and so forth.
- Determine public relations and communication objectives, key results, and positioning narratives; work closely with other teams in Marcomms to build strong alignment across key initiatives.
- Oversee public communications in order to ensure it meets strategic goals and regulatory compliance standards.
- Represent the organization in public spaces such as interviews, press conferences, etc.
- Serve our internal teams as a source of knowledge and direction on the industry relationships, trends, and conditions that could impact our communication efforts.
- Monitor public narrative and sentiment around Polkadot, Kusama, and other key brands; proposing strategy adjustments and initiatives where relevant.
- Align public communications across regional teams, accounting for and encouraging localised differences in culture, audiences, and operating landscape.
- Develop and lead crisis management strategies and processes, providing consultation to leadership as needed.
- Oversee our public relations, influencer, and communication agencies; ensuring objectives, reporting, and accountability for all external vendors.
- Collaborate with on-chain governance-related initiatives, providing assistance and guidance where needed.
- Recruit, onboard, develop, and manage team members in public relations.
- Manage team budget, resourcing, expenditure, and reporting.
- 10+ years experience in public relations and/or communications role, ideally in software and technology space.
- Excellent skills in building relationships with external stakeholders, ideally with an existing strong industry network.
- Proven experience in leading teams and working in cross-functional setups.
- Ability to oversee and ensure communications are regulatory compliant.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills; fluency in English.
- Proven experience to act as a senior spokesperson.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing startup environment.
Additional Further Experience:
- Expertise, knowledge, and experience in blockchain.
- Familiarity with open source software culture.
- Experience working with multiple brands at the same time.
- Experience working on legislation or regulation.