Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralised tech. Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
As an Office Manager, you will manage the office space company to a high standard, as well as be the first point of contact for any external requests from our suppliers.
While Parity is a remote-first company, the office plays an important role as a space for team members to meet, collaborate, and connect with each other. It should serve as a view into the company for external visitors. As an Office Manager, you will strive to make the office a fun, exciting, interesting space for team members to choose to work.
The ideal candidate should be a dedicated and well-organised, energetic professional who is ready to take on a new challenge. You will be part of the Operations team and your duties will include but are not limited to:
- General management and maintenance of our office floor(s), including arranging any necessary repairs
- Help set up a more permanent office presence in London and Cambridge
- Manage incoming events requests, and assist in the proper space set up
- Overall front office activities including general support to visitors and team members, handling in- and outbound mail, purchasing/invoicing and facilities management, including cleaning and security services
- Manage contracts and subscriptions, as well as price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Liase with People Operations to create an office atmosphere that fits our company culture and support the onboarding process for local new hires
- Keep office aligned with local health and safety regulations
- Act as the go-to person for in-house or off-site events
- Keep an organised office inventory
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience or worked in similar field
- Excellent time management (ability to multitask and prioritise work) and creative problem solving skills to suggest improvements
- Very strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, hands-on and resilient self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English language skills on near-native level
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures, including accounting and Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Asana or Notion
- Interest in or even experience with blockchain or open-source software
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- You will gain a keen understanding of blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to a wide range of jobs
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
Please note: This position is based in London (we do not offer relocation assistance for this position)