Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and enthusiastic Technical Writer to develop, manage, and execute content that increases brand awareness, drives traffic, and generates leads. You’ll be speaking directly to our developer audience, so experience in technical writing and/or developer relations is a huge plus. If you love diving-deep into blockchain tech and its use cases and creating high-impact content that drives business success, we want you on our team!
- Implement our content strategies, campaigns, and plans to drive leads, subscribers and brand awareness
- Create high-quality novel content for each campaign to drive engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, with a particular focus on software engineers and blockchain startups
- Copywriting for developer-focused websites, landing pages, tutorials, blogs, video scripts, and infographics
- Collaborate with graphic designers to create compelling visual representations of technical concepts
- Monitor content performance to identify trends and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Help strengthen our content marketing funnels for technical leads
- Review and update published content as needed
- 5+ years experience in roles related to copywriting, technical writing, communications, and/or marketing
- 2+ years working in the blockchain industry
- Familiarity with developer needs and an understanding of basic software engineering at the conceptual level (programming experience not required)
- Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets business objectives
- Appreciation for quality content and the ability to create it
- Excellent copywriting skills
- English language fluency or mother tongue
- Experience in a fast-paced and growing startup environment
- Familiarity with open source software culture
- Ability to multitask and take on multiple assignments
- Critical thinker, as well as extremely organized and detail-oriented problem solver
- Team player and self starter who isn’t afraid to take initiative
- Experience as a technical writer and/or developer advocate
- Background in computer science and/or programming
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Experience working with multiple brands at the same time
- Familiarity with multiple content management systems and analytics software
- Expertise with using SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Experience working on scripts and concepts for videos and visual animations
- Having experience with communicating and collaborating with distributed teams
Please share a portfolio or links to your published work along with your application.