Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. Parity Technologies has a small but growing team of developers dedicated to building on Substrate and creating a fantastic developer experience for future users.
About the Role
As an Application Engineer, you will be working on building blockchain runtimes, smart contracts, and decentralized applications using the Substrate framework. You will be provided training on our technology stack including Substrate and Polkadot while working on some of the most cutting edge blockchain projects.
- Build Substrate runtimes for external teams and Parity’s customers.
- Build tooling, reusable custom components, and extensions for Substrate.
- Help build an ecosystem of lighthouse projects, tutorials, documentation, and an open-source culture around Substrate.
- Provide technical support to Polkadot ecosystem teams.
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience.
- Clear understanding of at least one of the following - blockchain fundamentals or Rust.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, and function in a small team.
- Ability to ramp-up quickly on new technologies and tools.
- Familiarity with the Substrate blockchain framework.
- Open-source software background.
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.