Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralised technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritise individual sovereignty over centralised control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralised web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem, which includes Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate is an open-source, modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
We are seeking an Operations Manager who will expand Parity’s presence and impact in the local blockchain ecosystems. Help us recruit, hire and develop teams focused on sharing the mission and vision of Polkadot, Substrate and Web3 infrastructure and the communities that will build it.
KPIs: operational - budgets, recruiting, payroll, performance management and coordination with international teams
You'll be responsible for:
- Recruiting, hiring and developing talent across Ecosystem Growth, and Developer Community outreach and Marketing
- Operations: Monitoring ongoing issues and working with the Growth Operations team to fix them
- Owning your P&L, payroll and local finances
What You’ll Need
- At least 2+ years experience in an operations manager position (or equivalent) in a fast growing startup at a country level
- Previous responsibilities to include P&L ownership, building and managing high-performing teams, establishing robust processes and reporting structures
- Experience working in international teams across countries and time zones
- Native speaker level Chinese and fluent English
Good to have
- Previous blockchain experience and network
- Strong network in the local market to either developers and startup ecosystem or financial industry and regulators
Interest in open-source, deep tech and Web3 Technologies