Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
About the Position:
You will be joining the newly founded Enterprise Engineering Team in building upon Substrate, Polkadot and its tools for enterprise markets. As a senior engineer and team lead you will be responsible for shipping reliable, high quality code, building and long-term supporting shipped solutions and engaging with enterprise customers as well as Core Developers. Furthermore you will be supporting your team members with their tasks, help them make technical decisions, as well as work closely with the business developers to define the product(s), roadmap and clarify deliverables. A flat hierarchy means you will be managing your time yourself and coordinate your work directly with your peers to deliver the best in class products. As the Team Lead, you will coordinate the work and processes of the senior engineers and ensure growth and progress of your members and on the deliverables. As this Team is still in its early stages, you have the unique opportunity to shape it and its processes to fit your and your team's needs.
- A track record of writing and shipping or managing to ship high-performance highly-reliable systems code for enterprise customers
- Ability to double as a product-leader and drive roadmaps across stakeholders
- Good English in writing and speaking
- Experience working with and supporting high-end enterprise customers.
- An interest in decentralized technology, blockchain and Web 3.
- Exposure to OpenSource work and the tooling around it (Git/Github, CI/CD).
- Experience working in an async-communication, self-managing environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience as a product/technical leader for enterprise software companies
- Comfortability with customer-facing opportunities across enterprise/regulator/standard-bodies
- At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack. As a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Blockchains in general, Substrate and Polkadot specifically.
- Familiarity with Rust and its tooling ecosystem
- Experience implementing decentralized infrastructure or applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
- Competitive salaries and benefits in a remote-friendly company setup
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies and work with amazing enterprise customers
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.