The team at Parity builds core infrastructure to power a better internet. We do this by innovating in and fostering the open source ecosystem surrounding blockchain development, also known as Web 3.0.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create the next wave of better products and services that respect the freedom and data of individuals. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem which includes Polkadot and Kusama, both of which are next-generation, sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate, is an open-source modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a talent acquisition leader with experience scaling mid- and large-size organizations. Our current recruiting team consists of 8 recruiters (soon-to-be 9!) with a variety of working backgrounds (startup and corporate) and experience levels (ranging from 2 to 25+ years). We’re hiring about 5-6 times as many people per month as we did just one year ago, and we’re expecting Parity to nearly double over the next year, from around 220 contractors and employees now.
The ideal leader would be someone with a creative and pragmatic approach to strategy, an eye for improving and automating processes, effective mediation skills, and a passion for creating a multifaceted, globally-leading talent acquisition program in the blockchain industry. We are dreaming big, and we have the resources to ambitiously tackle a huge range of talent acquisition topics, including employer branding, supportive hiring for ecosystem projects outside of the Parity organization (in the broader Substrate/Polkadot ecosystem), creating unique hiring strategies for entirely new lines of business, and new employee technical education.
Location: Ideally located in or able to travel to Berlin, DE, Lisbon, PT, or EU on a semi-regular basis (our entire recruiting team is located in Europe / UK)
- Lead our global Talent Acquisition efforts, including recruiting, strategy, operations, employer branding, support for new employee education, and recruiting for projects outside of Parity in the Substrate ecosystem
- Grow our recruiting operation to a full-fledged Talent Acquisition effort, with comprehensive strategy in line with Parity’s core cultural pillars: freedom, modesty, engineering excellence
- Guide our talent team to most effectively support the organization’s hiring requirements by skilfully managing, mentoring, and enabling the Talent team
- Conduct organization-wide headcount planning, and act as a business partner to department leads to develop clear hiring plans
- Implement and oversee use of (not necessarily conventional!) recruiting analytics as a standard for understanding the Talent team’s efficacy and improvement points
- Recruiting for senior and specialized positions as needed, across a variety of company departments
- Talent leadership experience in a hyper-growth environment; ideally in an organization with somewhere from about 200-1500 employees/contractors
- Former success in implementing innovative talent acquisition projects and process improvements
- A creative perspective on strategy and recruiting practices
- An empathetic perspective on decision-making and conflict resolution
- Fluent, effective English communication skills
- Comfort working remotely with decentralized teams
- Demonstrable interest in technology and greenfield development (interest in / understanding of blockchain & Web3 is a big plus!)
We offer all who join us:
- Competitive compensation packages
- A very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Regular team and company retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams)
- The opportunity to relocate to Berlin, Germany, or Lisbon, Portugal
- Remote-friendly environment with flexible working hours
For those that join us in Germany, Portugal, the U.K., or who are willing to relocate:
- A work laptop (macOS or Linux-based), as well as office/home office equipment
- A generous learning and development budget which you can use to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing.
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.