Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our online lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be, or to become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
Parity is looking for a Localisation Manager to join our global team.
We are looking for an experienced Localisation Manager to lead a team of translators working across multiple languages and regions around the world. In this role, you will set the strategy and define the roadmap for global localisation support including style guides, glossaries, production, vendor management, and localisation across the marketing, communications, ecosystem, growth and internal teams. You will work closely with leaders across the organisation to help define, prioritise and localise messages and content for different media.
As Localisation Manager you will:
- Lead the localisation team with a focus on multiple languages/regions in the world such as Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and more.
- Collaborate with teams across the organisation, manage external partners, and support the communities we serve.
- Manage a portfolio of localisation initiatives spanning across various channels, regions, and audiences.
- Aim for excellence and ensure quality standards are met for our localisation and internationalization efforts.
- Design and implement localisation best practices across internal workflows and tools—from website CMS to content delivery.
- Support global teams and leadership by identifying their localisation needs and opportunities.
- Plan and manage the localisation budget and hiring.
- 5-7 years of experience leading a global localisation team.
- A strong leader who can prioritise well, communicate clearly, and influence cross functional teams.
- Expert-level knowledge of localisation tools and strategies.
- Experience in working with LSPs and managing outsourcing solutions.
- A strong track record of problem-solving and solid analytical skill capability to find solutions for a variety of challenges
Further Relevant Experience:
- Hands-on experience with content management systems.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience coaching and managing leaders, translation specialists, localisation engineers, and program managers within multi-layer organisations.
- Knowledge of multiple languages.
Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you.
Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.