Parity Technologies builds mission-critical infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications.
As a technical writer, you will help develop and maintain our Substrate documentation, which includes articles, tutorials, and recipes. You will have the opportunity to interact with the engineering team and learn how to use Substrate, as well as interact with users to understand the target audience for documentation. You should be able to identify the key principles of Substrate and communicate them in a way that new developers can understand and make informed decisions.
This position is open to remote and on-site candidates. We have offices in Berlin, DE or Lisbon, PR for those who wish to work on-site.
- Write new content for the Substrate Developer Hub to educate developers on how to utilize the various technologies and features.
- Maintain existing documentation and content to ensure it is up-to-date in parallel to the software development.
- Forecast developer needs on documentation and education materials and ensure it is produced and released in a timely fashion.
- Review current and future tutorials to improve quality and consistency.
- Monitor Substrate and Polkadot support channels (Github issues, Stackoverflow, Chat rooms) and identify areas that need better documentation.
- Work directly with engineers to help them produce great documentation for the code they write.
- Collaborate and support other teams to improve the developer experience; this may include user research and user experience design.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear, precise, and concise manner.
- Professional written English and ability to apply a style guide.
- Ability to understand reference documentation and work with the engineering team to expand on that information and turn it into articles/tutorials tailored to an intended audience.
- Knowledge of decentralized technologies.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a distributed team.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you.
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value, so we regularly go on team retreats.