Locations: Berlin, Germany (can assist relocation) or Remote
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralised applications.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to join Parity's Substrate engineering team.
You will work inside and exclusively for the substrate engineering team and we need you to have a deeply technical mindset approach to extract, evaluate and categorise incoming feature requests, bug reports as well as other roadmap items. This involves interacting with various other stakeholders around the product to negotiate, triage and communicate all needed items to create a shared roadmap and improve communication between all involved parties. With your help we will be able to make the right decision on prioritisation and focus for the various engineering teams. As we work without a hierarchical management structure, you will be a peer among equals and therefore need to be more of a negotiator and mediator than a top-down strategist.
This position will require a deeply technical mindset approach.
For more context, this older blog post of ours describes a bit more about what it’s like to work for us.
- You will help us create a roadmap for Substrate, its tools and connected products.
- Work together with other parity teams and their products, such as Polkadot, but also external stakeholders to collect and categorize all feature requests, bug reports and other engineering tasks.
- Be the guide that leads us when we have to make quick decisions on large and strategic changes.
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times.
- Work with other Parity departments to support teams building in the ecosystem with business development, market research, and marketing & communication-related activities.
- Align teams on a shared vision and help steer execution on that vision.
- Several years technical program/product management experience in unstructured environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, both verbal and written, communication skills, including the ability to speak to both technical and non-technical teams internally and externally.
- Experience working with open source software products and their specific development and community model.
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain technologies and ecosystems, and passionate about the vision for Web3.
- Good understanding of GitHub workflows, PRs, issue tracking and milestones.
- Strong organisational skills, along with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities.
- Education in STEM.
- Knowledge of or experience with Parity-related projects: Polkadot, Substrate, libp2p, ink!, wasm, etc.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralised internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.