Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our online lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers, startups, and enterprises to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
As Product Designer, you will:
- Work directly with software engineers to build groundbreaking tools and products in the blockchain space
- Improve adoption and developer experience around new and existing Parity products by applying optimal design patterns and practices.
- Take a hands-on role in implementing your designs, straddling the line that separates design and code
- Gather quantitative and qualitative feedback from users and distill it into action items for relevant teams
- Create compelling proof-of-concept demos to showcase newly-developed technologies
- Help identify design systems and processes to propagate optimal workflows across the team
- Play a crucial role in building the decentralized internet by creating transformative software for developers building blockchain technology on Polkadot and Substrate.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a strong aptitude both for rapid prototyping and high-fidelity polished designs
- Strong foundation in design and UI principles, including typography, composition, micro-interactions, and a clean visual design aesthetic
- Fluency in contemporary visual design and interaction best practices
- Proficiency in Figma or other contemporary design tools
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Git
- Working experience in cross-functional teams with developers, marketers and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in an environment that promotes autonomy in decision-making and settling goals.
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high speed of execution in a loosely structured, fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Further Relevant Experience:
- Understanding of native interaction patterns, experience in working within the constraints of UI development frameworks
- Familiarity with React and TypeScript is a plus, but basic code literacy is sufficient
- General interest in impact of information technology on society
- Previous experience with Blockchain a plus, but not required
Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you.
Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice